This interaction workshop will develop your skills in analyzing financial statements. It will guide you through the key steps or analyzing financial statements and measuring performance for your organization, in comparing with our business of various kinds.
It will develop your ability to generate grown and improve profitability as well as rinparinty problem area for remedial action. Over the four days, participants will acquire skills and technical knowledge which will enable them to manage more effectively.
Introduction to Advance Financial Analysis
- Financial information available
- Annual financial report (AFR)
- The structure and contents of AFR
- The non-financial elements of an AFR
- Formats for financial statement
Understanding and Analyzing the AFR
- Calculating trends and growth patterns
- Analysis and interpretation of company performance
- Ratio analysis
Analytical Tools and Cash flow Statements
- Statistical tools, mean, and regression analysis
- Graphical representation
- Cash flow statement
- Cash flow information to forecast future revenue and profits
Financing the Business and Valuing the Business
- Company’s capital structure
- Balance sheet
- Business valuation model
- Net Asset value
Creative Accounting and Forecasting
- Creative Accounting
- Creative account scandals
- The symptoms of financial distress
- Forecasting future failure
For Whom: Accountants, Auditors and other Financial Managers in both the Public and Private Sectors.
This course is being run by Alpha Partners in collaboration with The Institute of Chartered Accountant, Lagos Mainland District.
The training methodology combines lectures, discussions, group exercises and illustrations. Participants will gain both theoretical and practical knowledge of the topics. The emphasis is on the practical application of the topics and as a result participants will go back to the workplace with both the ability and the confidence to apply the techniques learned to their duties.
Chris Onwuasigwe, FCA