The "Five S" System is a set of universal principles and activities that sustain high performance on the production floor of any company. The gains include:
- Uncluttered workplace, well organized workplace
- Improved work flow
- Low-inventory production
- Total quality management.
- Total productive maintenance approach.
Above all, "Five S" System of organization and standardization on the production floor gives a sense that you, the users of the system, are in control of your work area.
- An Overview of the "Five S" System
- Concepts, activities and techniques of "Five S'
- The benefits
- Individual worker's target are a
- Creating the "Five S" vision
- The Workplace Scan
- Importance of teamwork
- Roles, responsibilities and decision-making process
- Organizing the team
- How to conduct the initial Scan
- Creating the workplace scan display
- The Red Tag technique - items needed and not needed
- Performing the red tagging
- Red Tag holding area
- Set in Order
- Decide and organize where to keep necessary items
- Organize how to keep them
- Make it easy for anyone to find and use them
- Make it obvious when they are not in their correct place
- Determine targets and assignments
- Determine cleaning methods
- Perform initial cleaning
- Make essential replacements
- Establish standards and guidelines
- Make the conditions and procedures visual
- Monitor the desired conditions
- Keep updating
- Develop new awareness and skills
- Ongoing company-wide communications
- Total employee involvement.