This 5-day course is designed to provide essential knowledge and skills of the Oil and Gas sector from the managers and supervisors of viewpoint who are working in the field. It will provide the opportunity to study the Oil and Gas business from the perspective of the entire value chain, to analyze Oil and Gas management strategies of major organizations and discover the unique business issues of today’s energy marketplace. As the Oil and Gas industry impacts organizations, and societies worldwide, it is important to learn how to position oneself for success in this competitive industry.
The seminar aims to provide an intellectually challenging academic course of study, that will give the ability to analyze and evaluate key theoretical concepts and practical applications in issues of Oil and Gas management.
Upon successful completion of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Get an overview of the Global Oil and Gas Industry, from discovery to production through to consumption
- Understand the Geopolitics of Oil and Gas and the Major challenges facing the energy industry
- Gain an overview of Refining processes
- Evaluate the primary uses of Oil and Gas and its significance within the global energy industry
- Understand the objectives, functions and commercial relationships between companies and organizations from the upstream through to the downstream Oil and Gas supply chain
- Evaluate organizations with a positive safety culture that are characterized by communications founded on mutual trust, by shared perceptions of the importance of safety, and by confidence in the efficacy of preventative measures
- Gain and enhance good negotiating skills which are essential to the smooth running of the business
- Provide alternative approaches to the process of negotiating successfully