Improper storage of hazardous chemicals- both products and wastes-incompatible inspection of containment materials, using hazardous products when non-hazardous products are available and inadequate training of staff are some of the leading causes of environmental contamination. Contamination can come in many forms- Some examples of contamination are ground and surface water, land, air, radioactive, food, noise, molds, odor, construction, vibration, etc. and invariably, if these contaminants are not properly dealt with, will result in pollution and in certain situations serious health problems.
This five day course will give some details on these various types of contaminants and the new frontiers in eliminating or minimizing these contaminants, the use of effective non-hazardous products in your company and also environmentally acceptable methods of disposal for both hazardous and non-hazardous wastes.
Workshops, DVD videos and classroom audit exercises will enhance the learning process and the economic side of minimizing or preventing pollution by industry and the associated tangible rewards will be emphasized throughout the course.
- Learn about the various types of contamination and which ones are more applicable to your company
- Encourage and facilitate dialogue with like-minded individuals on specific contamination issues of concern in their organizations and the opportunity to develop regional networks within the GCC area to address common concerns
- Learn about the relevant environmental treaties dealing with contamination and pollution
- Learn how to prioritize contamination problems in dealing with contamination and waste management issues in a logical sequence
- Show and emphasize the close relationship between human health and the environment that’s been directly affected by contamination
- Discussion of the current methodologies for the cleanup of contaminated soil, ground and surface water, air pollution, construction materials and radioactive materials