The workshop will be a practical one and will expose the participants to the current trends in Public sector treasury management.
- Objectives of treasury management
- Scope of duties and responsibilities of today’s Corporate Treasurer
- The Nigerian constitution and its implications for public sector-treasury management
- Government funds: Consolidated revenue fund, development fund, contingency funds, special and trust fund, treasury funds etc.
- Relationships in federal, state and local Government funding: sharing allocations Grants, Loans, Guarantees, etc.
- The appropriation procedure: Appropriation bill, Finance Act, etc.
- Public sector financial regulations, treasury and financial circulars etc.
- The role of the Federal Ministry of Finance, The Accountant-General , the Auditor - General, the Presidency, the Central Bank, Public Accounts Committee, etc.
- Public Treasury books of accounts i.e. Petty Cash book, main cash book, cash control accounts, memorandum accounts, journal entries, etc.
- Cash Audit and internal control issues in treasury management
- Public sector computerized vote accounting
All Accountants and Auditors in the Public Sector