Understanding work processes so that they can be improved by means of a systematic approach requires the knowledge of a simple kit of tools or techniques. The effective use of these tools and techniques requires their application by the people who actually work on the processes, and their commitment to this will only be possible if they are assured that management cares about improving quality.
This introduces participants to a series of effective practices and techniques for work process improvement, and addresses the intertwined challenges faced by change agents in conducting a work process improvement effort.
- Management by Objectives (MBO)
- Principles of Target Setting
- Work measurement and Standard
- Determination of Key Result Areas
- Process of Target Setting
- Setting performance Standard
- Performance management
- Leadership and Motivation
Who Should Attend
Managers In both Public and Private Sectors that have the responsibility to improve staff performance through better focus on results.