This specially designed course will deal with the peculiarities of Accounting and Taxation in Oil and Gas Sector.
- Basic accounting techniques
- Computer based accounting systems
- Fundamentals of oil and gas operations
- Peculiarities of oil and gas accounting for the upstream and downstream industry workers
- Accounting standards in the petroleum industry: upstream activities (SAS14)
- Accounting standards in the petroleum industry: downstream activities (SAS17)
- Published accounts in the oil and gas sector
- Introduction to petroleum taxation in Nigeria
- Basic provisions of petroleum profit tax Act 1959 (CAP 354 Laws of the Federation of Nigeria 1990), Petroleum Act,
- Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)
- Important issues in Corporate taxation in the oil and gas sector i.e. returns, assessment, deductibility of expenses, incentive for utilization of associated gas, ascertainment and adjustment of profits, treatment of losses, chargeable tax, offenses and penalties, treatment of compensation to oil producing communities, capital allowances, exchange losses and central bank commission etc.
- Knotty issues in VAT and WHT
- Emerging trends and future challenges
For whom: Accountants, Auditors, Financial Controllers, Tax Officers, Admin/Human Resource Officers, Government Relations Officers and others relevant officers in the Oil and Gas Sector.
The training methodology combines lectures, discussions, group exercises and illustrations. Participants will gain both theoretical and practical knowledge of the topics. The emphasis is on the practical application of the topics and as a result participants will go back to the workplace with both the ability and the confidence to apply the techniques learned to their duties.
|Alpha Partners Professional Training Conference Centre. 200, Muritala Mohammed Way (3rd Floor) Opposite Adekunle BRT Bus-stop, Yaba - Lagos.
||Oct 24 - 27 Oct, 2017
|NGN 150,000.00||(per participant to cover workshop literature and materials, Executive Bag, Tea/Coffee, Lunch, photographs and Certificates.)|
Chris Onwuasigwe, FCA 08033045484
3-5 Participants - 5% discount allowed,
5 and above number of participants - 10% discount allowed.
A distinguished team of facilitators who are eminently qualified professionals has been assembled to lead discussions in course of the workshop.