This 10-day seminar focuses on the leader’s role in developing and motivating excellent teams. Rather than trying to define one ‘right’ way to lead, it will introduce a range of complementary approaches which delegates will have the opportunity to practise, combine and adapt to suit their personal preferences and organisational needs.
By exploring the leadership role from a number of different perspectives, the seminar allows delegates to experiment with innovative ways to empower and enthuse their team and influence positively their organisational climate and culture. The benefits to the organisation will be leaders better able to focus on organisational goals and better equipped to develop their team towards sustainable performance improvement.
In this course we will cover:
- Fundamentals of high performance teams
- Giving and receiving effective feedback
- Group dynamics and team decision making
- Power tools of leadership
- Performance management
- Leadership strategies
The seminar is split into two modules:
MODULE I - Building Skills for Working In Teams
MODULE II - Building Personal Leadership Skills
Each module is structured and can be taken as a stand-alone course; however, delegates will maximise their benefits by taking Module 1 and 2 back-to-back as a two-week seminar.
- Study effective team operations
- Analyze effective communications strategies
- Understand how to give and receive effective feedback
- Consider tools for motivating and delegating
- Explore leadership styles
- Examine construction of a learning environment