Petroleum Refining-Production Planning, Scheduling and Yield Optimization is combination of two modules specifically designed to run consecutively. Attendees are given a detailed overview of all major refining processes and are familiarized to the most commonly encountered production planning and scheduling issues in petroleum refineries, how to identify them and resolve them.
Additionally, the training seminar will present a detailed outline of refining process yields optimization, from the crude oil feed to the finished products. Issues of operations scheduling for petroleum refining are discussed in depth and enhanced with planning and scheduling and yield optimization examples..
This training seminar is oriented toward the practical aspects of refinery operations as well as the terminology and economics of refining.
The seminar is split into two modules:
MODULE I - Production Planning and Scheduling in Petroleum Refineries
MODULE II - Refinery Process Yield Optimisation
Each module is structured and can be taken as a stand-alone course; however, delegates will maximise their benefits by taking Module 1 and 2 back-to-back as a two-week seminar.
The key objectives of this comprehensive training seminar are as follows:
- Gain an appreciation of production planning and scheduling tools that will be useful for planning of crude and product deliveries
- Differentiate and appreciate the similarities and differences between planning and scheduling
- Understand the principles of scheduling optimization and promote efficient refining operations, and yield optimization
- Learn the skills to crude selection and optimization that result in improved profitability
- Develop the skills necessary to apply blending techniques using excel
- To familiarize and understand the various refinery types and appreciate how refining complexity impacts refining optimization and refining margins
- Comprehend the importance quality giveaways and learn how use practical excel spread sheets for blending calculations to reduce quality giveaways
- Use hands on software that allows professionals in the industry to choose different crude diets to optimize refinery utilization efficiency and profitability
- Act as a primer into the industry of Petroleum Refining and familiarize industry professionals with all processes associated with the processing of petroleum into finished products
- Equip new engineers into the industry, with the basic tools for understanding the complex nature of Refining and its operations