IPSAS adoption will have a wide-ranging impact on the organization and the people in them. The implementations of IPSAS in various organizations require same technical skills and knowledge. This workshop identifies various financial reporting and wider organizational changes and their impact as well as describes in more detail the challenges of IPSAS adoption and proffer solutions to the changes and challenges of IPSAS.
Overview of IPSAS
- Brief History and Scope of IPSAS
- Source of Guidance
- Key Issues to consider
Reporting and Disclosure
- Presentation of Financial Statements
- Cash Flow Statements
- Accounting Policies, Changes in Accounting
- Estimates and Errors
Changes of IPSAS
- Reporting in Accrual Basis
- Recognition of Employee Benefit Liabilities
- Basis for Expense Recognition
- Annual Financial Statements with Significant increase in Disclosures
- Communication, Training and Co-ordination
IPSAS Implementation Changes
- Financial Reporting
- Reconciliation to Budget
- Information Systems- Upgrade or Replace
Five (5) Critical Implementation Steps
- Adequate Funding
- Dedicated Staff
- Identification of the System Change
- A Project Plan
- Communication of the Plan
IPSAS- The Way Ahead
- IPSAS Guidance
- Planning Opportunities
- Understanding of the Differences between IFRS and IPSAS
For whom: All Accountants and Auditors in the Public Sector.
The training methodology combines lectures, discussions, group exercises and illustrations. Participants will gain both theoretical and practical knowledge of the topics. The emphasis is on the practical application of the topics and as a result participants will go back to the workplace with both the ability and the confidence to apply the techniques learned to their duties.
|Alpha Partners Professional Training Conference Centre. 200, Muritala Mohammed Way (3rd Floor) Opposite Adekunle BRT Bus-stop, Yaba - Lagos.
||Jun 13 - 16 Jun, 2017
|NGN 100,000.00||(per participant to cover workshop literature and materials, executive bag, tea/coffee, lunch, photograph and certificate.)|
Chris Onwuasigwe, FCA 08033045484
3-5 Participants - 5% discount allowed, 5 and above number of participants - 10% discount allowed.
A distinguished team of facilitators who are eminently qualified professionals has been assembled to lead discussions in course of the workshop.