To teach best practice methods in cash management techniques in Microfinance Banks and other financial institutions
Excellence for customer relationship for tellers
- Essentials of banker/customer relationship.
- Types of customer personal and business customers
- Bankers duties and customers’ obligations.
- Knowing what customers want
- Ways to placate angry customers.
- Managing customers’ perceptions and expectations.
Management of cash
- Components of cash management
- Preparation of cash budget
- Float management techniques.
- Cash management models.
- Determination of optimum cash level
- Control and monitoring of cash-in-hand.
- Control and monitoring of cash reserve.
- Control and monitoring of cheque books, receipt books and other financial security items.
Cash safety and insurance
- Moving cash from place to place.
- Risk management of such movements.
- Cash theft
- Cash insurance
- Fidelity guarantee
- Petty cashbook, main cashbook, cash control accounts.
- Cash count and cash reconciliation.
- Bank reconciliation.
- Computerized cash accounting.
- Imprest cash accounting.
Cash office rules
- Cash office location and layout
- Cash boxes, safes and strong-room requirements.
- The do’s and don’ts in the cash office.
- Access control issues in the cash office.
- Security measures in cash office
Cash fraud management
- Types and causes of cash fraud
- Fraudulent shortages and surpluses.
- Internal control issues,
- Detecting and managing counterfeits.
- Signature frauds and falsification of documents.
- The audit function.
- Emerging issues and future challenges.
Cash handling techniques including electronic transfers
- Personal attributes a cash officer should possess.
- Issues to watch out for while receiving cash,
- Rules to observe while paving cash.
- Electronic fund transfers and international payments
- The do’s and don’ts in cash handling
- Secrecy in cash handling.
- Motivating the cash officer
Security tips in cash management
- The alarming increase in incidents of workplace violence and threats to security.
- Proven techniques for keeping unauthorized people from slipping past you.
- “Red Flag” behaviours that warn you, a visitor or co-worker might be in trouble.
- Immediate steps to take if you recognize warning signs in a co-worker, a visitor or a client
- How to respond during and after a robbery.
Cheque administration and possible areas of fraud
- Types of cheques
- Types of crossing and implications.
- Holder for value and holder in due course.
- Cheque clearing system and clearing house operations
- Different types of associated fraud
- Special clearing of cheques
For Whom: Cashiers, Cash Officers, Operations Managers, Branch Managers, Accountants, Auditors and others who perform related functions in Microfinance Banks.
The training methodology combines lectures, discussions, group exercises and illustrations. Participants will gain both theoretical and practical knowledge of the topics. The emphasis is on the practical application of the topics and as a result participants will go back to the workplace with both the ability and the confidence to apply the techniques learned to their duties.
|Alpha Partners Professional Training Conference Centre. 200, Muritala Mohammed Way (3rd Floor) Opposite Adekunle BRT Bus-stop, Yaba - Lagos.
||May 09 - 12 May, 2017
|NGN 110,000.00||(per participant to cover workshop literature and materials, executive bag, tea/coffee, lunch, photograph and certificate.)|
Chris Onwuasigwe, FCA 08033045484
3-5 Participants - 5% discount allowed, 5 and above number of participants - 10% discount allowed.
A distinguished team of facilitators who are eminently qualified professionals has been assembled to lead discussions in course of the workshop.