Fraud continues to impact on organizations large and small and occurs at all levels within an organization. This course provides a comprehensive guide applicable to any organization on bow to deter, detect and investigate both internal and external fraud the course covers:
- The problems associated with both internal and external fraud and the techniques for fraud prevention and detection
- The steps involved in investigating a fraud from the initial suspicion through to conclusion.
- The various threats, both internal and external, which can damage the credibility of the investigation.
- The need for sound investigation techniques coupled with exemplary documentation.
- The use of both overt and covert methods of gathering evidence
- The challenges associated with interviewing both witnesses and suspected perpetrators.
- The advantages and disadvantages associated with the use of search orders.
The Nature of Fraud
- The size of the problem.
- Legal aspects of fraud.
- The role of internal audit
- Examples of fraud.
- The cycle of fraud.
- Corporate policies,
- Creating an anti-fraud culture.
- Risk assessment
- Indicators of Fraud
- Methods of Detection
- Investigating Fraud
- Types and scale of fraud
- The ‘honesty’ culture.
- Relevant legislation.
- Fraud environments.
- Fraud indicators.
- Anti-fraud policies.
Deterrence and detection techniques
- Criminal psychology and the perception of detection.
- Physical ways to improve fraud deterrence.
- Fraud health checks.
- Data mining.
- Allocating a code name
- Keeping it quiet
- The secure document library.
- The evidence trail.
- Primary vs secondary evidence.
- Search orders,
- Use of computer evidence.
- Questioning methods.
- Knowing when to terminate an interview.
- Record keeping
The Final Step
- Discipline, dismiss or prosecute?
- Liaison with the authorities.
- Impart within the company.
- External publicity?
- Dealing with the Lawyers
- Attending court
For Whom: Internal Auditors, Accountants, all those responsible for compliance operations and risk management in Microfinance Banks.
The training methodology combines lectures, discussions, group exercises and illustrations. Participants will gain both theoretical and practical knowledge of the topics. The emphasis is on the practical application of the topics and as a result participants will go back to the workplace with both the ability and the confidence to apply the techniques learned to their duties.
|Alpha Partners Professional Training Conference Centre. 200, Muritala Mohammed Way (3rd Floor) Opposite Adekunle BRT Bus-stop, Yaba - Lagos.
||May 16 - 19 May, 2017
|NGN 110,000.00||(per participant to cover workshop literature and materials, executive bag, tea/coffee, lunch, photograph and certificate.)|
Chris Onwuasigwe, FCA 08033045484
3-5 Participants - 5% discount allowed, 5 and above number of participants - 10% discount allowed.
A distinguished team of facilitators who are eminently qualified professionals has been assembled to lead discussions in course of the workshop.