This highly-interactive training seminar will provide you with all the necessary skills and talents to successfully appoint a contractor and manage them with confidence to ensure their health and safety performance will be of the highest quality.
Your organization is never more at risk than when you outsource work without validation and it is therefore essential you have all the necessary checks and balances in place to ensure this process is well managed.
Contractors must be informed, assessed and monitored in a variety of ways to ensure their performance does not have a costly negative impact on your business. It is vital the actual performance of a contractor matches their stated intentions otherwise the statements and documents provided within any completed tender are meaningless leaving your organization and its reputation at risk.
This seminar will develop your ability to critically assess your contractors at all stages of a project to ensure you receive maximum performance with minimum risk.
This seminar will highlight:
- The key components of an effective contractor management system
- The importance of communication, co-operation and co-ordination
- How to positively influence the performance of contractors
- How to carry out meaningful and effective performance monitoring
- The visible business benefits
The objectives of this course are to ensure you gain the detailed information and competency for safely managing contractors. This course has five key objectives for contractor safety management:
- Planning and selecting contractors – practical arrangements and methods
- Establishing project interface agreements, documentation and HSE Project Plan
- Managing contractors’ compliance, with the HSE Project Plan, on day-to-day basis
- Monitoring – keeping track of contractor’s performance
- Reviewing and learning – contractor management, deciding what needs to be improved
At the end of this seminar, you will learn to:
- How to prepare projects and select contractors
- How to define client/contractor agreements and documentation
- How to produce a client/contractor HSE Project Plan
- How to supervise contractors’ operations on day-to-day basis
- How to Monitor and review a contractor’s performance and implement improvements