This course provides practical insights into key issues in archival including records scheduling and disposition, vital records protection, disaster preparedness and archiving research and development records.
- Have a better understanding of the relevance of records as organisations assets.
- Identify various forms of records and their relevance to organisations.
- Develop appropriate techniques for managing archives
- Maintain a system of internal control for effective protection of records
- Use appropriate computer software for records management
- Retrieve information faster for customers and other stakeholders to use
- Understand the techniques of record creation, use, inventory, appraisal, retention and disposal
Information management - an overview
- The records life-cycle concept
- Types and relevance of records
- Business archives
- Files and filing systems
- Personal records, financial records and other business records
- Handling of confidential information
- Computer application in records management
- Managing information
- Storage and retrieval systems - microfilming
- Disposal of records
- Formulating retention and disposal policies
- Records legislation and best practices
Who Should Attend
All staff responsible for the management of records
|10, Obokun Street, Off Coker Road, Ilupeju, Lagos.
||Aug 09 - 11 Aug, 2017
Discounts off regular fees for open programmes: 3-5 nomination - 5%
Programme also available as in-plant. Fee: Negotiable