This training program is designed to enable participants to acquire the skills and competency required to become CSR practitioners through specialized, detailed and highly focused classroom teaching and review of CSR case studies from around the world including Nigeria and other African countries. It provides participants with the tools and necessary practical CSR framework to function as a CSR Practitioner in any part of the world. Emphasis will be on Strategy, Implementation, Reporting and Communication.
Upon completion of the course, trainees are able to:
- Apply the knowledge and skills gained in middle management CSR functions
- Develop and implement an effective CSR strategy
- Develop CSR reporting and communication models in line with global best practices.
- Acquire a world class certificate in Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) / Sustainability
The course consists of the following:
- What is and what is not CSR
- Importance of CSR in Different Sectors of the Economy
- Making a Business Case – Private Sector
- CSR in the Public Sector
- Public Sector CSR Strategies – Analyses and Case Studies
- CSR Strategy and Global Standards – Case Studies
- Corporate Governance and Sustainability
- Global Models: Presentations and Description – Global Reporting Initiative(G3), UN Global Compact, CDP, UN Guiding Principles, ISO 26000, etc.
- Responsible CSR Communications and Strategy
- CSR and the Supply Chain
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Reporting - Integrated Reporting based on GRI and IIRC Guidelines
- External Assurance and how to communicate to gain Reporting Credibility
- The Concept of CSR, Corporate Governance and Business Ethics in Africa
- The Importance of Implementing Effective CSR Programs in Africa – Case Studies
- The Role of CSR Practitioners and Future Trends in Africa
- Beyond Basic CSR – Importance of Human Rights Due Diligence
- UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights – An African
- HRDD as a Strategic Investment
- UN Sustainable Development Goals, CSR Nexus (Optional)
- Case Studies
- Exercises and Testing of Understanding
Who should attend?
Company Managers, CSR Practitioners, Public Relations Managers, Marketing Managers, Human Resources Managers, Sustainability and Environmental Professionals who wish to advance their understanding, bring added value to their organization or get hold of a globally accepted CSR Certificate to progress their career.
This program is appropriate for individuals as well as teams of executives from the same organization. When colleagues attend a program together, the organization benefits from their shared knowledge and common vision. This, in turn, enables participants to enhance their ability to pursue business goals as a team, effect critical transformations, and transfer knowledge.
All courses are also available for one-and-one coaching and can be delivered in-house