The public sector continues to advance in an era of transformation. innovation and digitalization. When working in such a continuously evolving and high pressured environment, it is essential for public servants to constantly refresh their skills and refine their knowledge.
The morally confounding array of pressures being faced by public frontrunners and public servants calls for an opportunity to manage and measure results, meet the needs of the present generation without compromising the needs and aspirations of future generations. manage more with less, be customer-driven. etc.
There is a clear need to develop professionalism, competency, transparency and the understanding to drive leadership excellence and optimum performance in public sector organisations.
It is critical for government to harness leadership excellence for the delivery of essential services, policy design and implementation with a view meeting the growing expectations of the public.
This conference will bring together experts from the many strands of public service and the private sector to share their insights and expertise on their disciplines and to explore some of the complexities of the role and the challenges faced by public servants in today's changing business environment.
The aim of the conference is to convene leading scholars and practitioners both at the national and international level to consider initiatives and innovations that can be put in place to promote public sector performance, leadership and good governance.
The specific objectives of the conference are to enable participants:
- Effectively engage senior leaders and frontline managers to ensure that a sustainable process is put in place for improving performance management systems.
- Acquire the ability to be value driven and resilient in order to navigate through demanding situations and competing expectations.
- Collectively consider solutions to problems and respond to the challenges created by the dynamic business environment.
- Share knowledge, ideas and experiences with regards to performance improvement across a variety of functional areas.
- Reflect on their leadership style and have an opportunity to build a network of contacts for future opportunities.
This conference will equip you to:
- Adopt a leader's mindset to create impact and influence through effective communication
- Build strong support networks with relevant organizations and professionals, both locally and internationally
- Develop the skills required to succeed as a public sector leader
- Deal with challenging situations and competing expectations
- Proactively adapt to change in the Public Sector
This conference is for public servants looking for a way to get started with and/or effectively leverage the impact of a new model for performance management in their organizations. Some of the roles that will benefit include:
- Head of Departments
- Directors, Deputy Directors,
- Assistant Directors
- Members of Audit Committees
- Officials of MDAs,
- Military and Para-Military Organization etc.