The environment of the Nigerian economy today makes Banking in the country to be most challenging. For this reason, Credit Analysts need the tools and skills to analyse their opportunities and the accompanying risks. This training on Credit Analysis for Commercial Lending helps participants to do that.
At the end of the course, the participants will go away with:
- a step-by-step techniques of assessing business risk
- structuring loan packages
- how to make lending decisions
- the strategies and techniques to make precise and good loan judgements
- how to monitor loans for performance.
The course provides a road map to follow for collecting and analysing the information needed to assess the risks in a loan request. This road map helps to determine whether, and under what conditions, the bank should make the loan. To learn this road map, participants will be taken through how to:
- gather data
- analyse risks
- identify ways to mitigate the risks
- structure loans that are appropriate to the customer's repayment capacity.
A skilled Credit Analyst, who this course hopes to develop, will be able to easily and quickly weed out ineligible loan requests and recognise new lending opportunities that others may miss.
- The Nigerian Banking Environment
- Current State of the Economy
- The Prudential Guidelines
- Other Central Bank of Nigeria regulations.
- The Preliminary Credit Screening
- The Borrower's Business
- Gathering Information.
- Why Businesses Borrow
- Asset Conversion Cycles
- Timings of Financial Needs.
- Borrowing for Sales Growth
- Why Sales Growth Causes Borrowing
- Seasonality in Sales
- Financing Long-term Sales Plans.
- Borrowing in Business Slowdown
- Slowdown in Inventory Turnover
- Slowdown in Collection of Accounts Receivable.
- Borrowing for Fixed Assets Purchase
- Replacing Old Fixed Assets
- Expanding Fixed Assets.
- Other Factors Warranting Borrowing.
- Analysis of Risks.
- Analysis of Repayment Sources.
- Industry Risk Analysis
- Classification of Nigerian Industries
- Industry Risk Characteristics
- Writing the Industry Analysis.
- Business Perspective Analysis
- Production and Supply Analysis
- Product-Market Match
- Management Analysis.
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Company Financial Analysis
- Qualitative Issues in Financial Statement Analysis
- Window Dressing of Financial Statements
- Predicting Business Failure Using Financial Statements
- Developing Expectations.
- Assessing Operations Management
- Examining the PandL Account for Accounting Risk
- Common-Size Analysis.
- Assets and Liability Analysis
- Examining the Balance Sheet for Accounting Risk
- Capital Structure
- Analysing Liquidity
- Analysing Solvency
- Operating Efficiency.
- Cash Flow Analysis
- Key Performance Indicators for Cash Flow
- Cash Flow Interpretation.
- Financial Projections
- Estimating Cash Receipts
- Estimating Cash Disbursements
- Sensitivity Analysis.
- Writing the Credit Analysis Report
- Structuring the Loan
- Choosing the Right Facility
- Disbursement Terms and Conditions
- Repayment Schedule
- Loan Agreements and Covenants.
- Loan Management
- Monitoring Loan Performance
- Identifying Key Trouble Signs.
- A Strategy for Problem Loans
- Loan Grading System
- Loan Review
- Prevention of Loan Losses
- Loan Workout
- Debt Recovery
- legal Procedures
|5/7 Alade Lawal Street, Opposite Divisional Police Station, Off Ikorodu Road, Anthony, Lagos.
||Jun 20 - 22 Jun, 2018
Registration: 08:30:am - 09:00:am
Class Session: 09:00:am - 04:00:am
Mr Abiodun Toki 08033019120
Discount of 5% to 3-4 Participants from Same Organization.
Discount of 10% to 5 or More Participants from Same Organization.