This is a strategic capacity building programme designed to serve the needs of future developments of the public service and Government Enterprises management. It is to prompt review of particular issues and areas of interest, new thinking and best practice in the changing environment of governance. The programme is meant to be a vital element in the public service renewal process. It is about the public service institutional capacity to deliver the new change agenda.
By the end of the programme, public officers who partake in it will be able to:
- Ready themselves with constructive responses to new challenges that are emerging
- Identify new areas of contribution they can make to national development
- Enhance policy thinking
- Contribute to new ways of providing excellent service to the citizens
- Make more effective use of resources - human, financial and physical.
- Government and Governance
- Major changes in the political, social, and economic landscape
- Responsiveness to the growing diversity
- Peculiarity of Nigeria's federalism and public service management
- Confidence in public administration systems.
- Redefining Government Services and Values
- The historical developments:
- Administrative expertise
- Managerial competence
- Leadership development
- The public sector as an employer
- The public sector as a service provider
- Senior leadership as drivers of change
- The Future with the Political Class
- Defining clearly the outcomes politicians seek to achieve
- Policy development and advice
- Structuring policy to be forward looking
- Regulatory functions
- Articulating impact assessments of regulatory policies
- Putting forward sound policy solutions
- Capacity for policy implementation.
- Drivers of Productivity
- New frameworks for prioritizing public service programmes
- Scorecards and measurements
- Implementation that delivers desired outcomes.
- Budgetary Influences
- Finding resources to finance to fund projects
- Optimizing inputs into service outcomes
- Revenue optimization
- Expenditure controls
- Cost minimization
- Fiscal balance.
- The Design of a New Service Charter
- The purpose of a new Service Charter for public service:
- Who are we
- Why are we in Service
- Our Internal drive to achieve the charter
- What level of service should the citizens expect
- What the service will do to meet citizens’ needs
- Support and resources required.
- Cooperation and Coordination Across MDAs
- Policy coordination and harmonization
- Internal Effectiveness:
- Systems, processes and procedures
- Knowledge and skills
- Leadership competence.
- Values and Ethics
- Current international best practice
- Redefining local Ethics and of Values
- Re-assertion of public service values
- Ethical approach to public service management.
- Public sector as both leader and facilitator in ICT culture
- Interactive websites
- Downloadable service interactions
- Comprehensive interactions
- Other on-line services.
|5/7 Alade Lawal Street, Opposite Divisional Police Station, Off Ikorodu Road, Anthony, Lagos.
||Aug 06 - 10 Aug, 2018
Registration: 08:00:am - 09:00:am
Class Session: 09:00:am - 04:00:am
Mr Abiodun Toki 08033019120
Discount of 5% to 3-4 participants from same organization.
Discount of 10% to 5 or more participants from same organization.