It is with great delight that I invite you to our upcoming Special Training Event. The title of the course is: “Anti-Dumping, Anti-Subsidy and Trade in Services (World Trade Organization): Investigation, Determination, Countervailing Measures, Sunset Review, Suspension and National Security. At the end of the course, successful delegates will receive Diploma - Postgraduate in Anti-Dumping, Anti-Subsidy and Trade in Services (Double Credit).
For whom is this Course designed?
This course is designed for anti-dumping officials, members of governments whose responsibility is to investigate and report on suspected dumping activities, policymakers for drafting national anti-dumping legislation, and all others desirous of gaining expertise in legal issues relating to world trade organization, dumping, anti-dumping, subsidies, countervailing actions, anti-dumping investigation and review, sunset review, and case management.
What are the Course Objectives?
By the end of the course you will be able to demonstrate a heightened understanding of the following:
- Functions and structure of the World Trade Organization including updates of the latest amendments;
- Provisions of WTO on agriculture, sanitary and photo sanitary measures, textiles and clothing, technical barriers to trade, trade-related investment, pre-shipment inspection, rules of origin, importing licensing procedures, subsidies and countervailing measures, and government procurement.
- Aim of General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (GATT) and its relationship to the environmental policy;
- Effects of dumping on the economy of host countries, domestic and transshipment countries;
- Link between GATTS and national security;
- Effective remedy within the WTO guidelines based on the premise that injury has occurred within a specified industry;
- Data relevant to the countervailing measures that might be evidenced in the case of Sunset Review;
- Situations under which Sunset Review is permitted under the ADA;
- Communication mechanism that will effectively inform industrialists and other relevant parties, the aspects of the ADA and their role in the suspension of the countervailing measures and the establishment of the sunset review;
- Case examples to build a scenario within which to conduct a sunset review;
- Formulation of government policy and strategy that will discourage dumping, within the ADA.
- Download the course brochure, attached, to read more.