The engagement and management of contractors and suppliers is a vital part of the oil, gas and petro-chemicals industry: huge sums of money are at stake, with projects of all types and sizes dependent on successful selection and management of contractors, vendors, providers of professional services and other third-party suppliers.
Procurement teams need to be able to put the right contracts in place – which means clearly and accurately defining user requirements, attracting and selecting the right bidders to make proposals, correctly evaluating their proposals and ultimately making a contract award.
This advanced level PetroKnowledge training course will cover the key elements of the procurement cycle up to and including contract signature. It addresses the needs of professionals carrying out purchasing functions in the petroleum industries, and will enable them to develop and improve their key skills to manage tenders, bids and other competitive proposals.
This training course will feature:
- Setting the best strategy for the procurement
- Planning and managing a tender process
- Selecting the best form of contract
- Examining the inherent risks in bids and tenders
- Techniques to attract suitably qualified vendors to your bid opportunity
- Methods to sift out unsuitable vendors
- How to optimize the interaction between Requesting Departments and Procurement teams
- Alternative methods for developing requirements documentation, such as the specification or scope of work
- Model clauses in Commercial terms and conditions
- Technical and Commercial evaluation methodologies
- Effective Management of the results after the competition