This course is an excellent opportunity to improve your skills in Preventive Maintenance of Heat, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC), Electrical, and Plumbing (MEP - Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing) systems and equipment, including fire protection systems.
The course will focus on key factors essential to effective MEP preventive maintenance, including approaches and procedures for different types of facilities. It will explore proven techniques for ensuring that preventive maintenance of MEP systems and equipment is performed according to the highest, cost-effective standards.
The course will address needs of different facility types and complexes including schools, college campuses, office buildings, institutional buildings and healthcare facilities.
Overview of MEP - including fire protection - systems and equipment
- PM program
- PM implementation and follow through
- Equipment and systems inspection procedures
- Personnel qualifications and training
- Energy use
- Cost issues
- Rethinking the Facilities Maintenance Model Pertaining to MEP Systems
- Historical perspective on maintenance cost and areas for improvement
- Review of maintenance best practices/original equipment manufacturers (OEM) recommendations and shortfalls
- Review of Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM)/reliability bathtub curves
- Application of simplified Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) concept to create efficient facilities maintenance models
- Approaches to Effective Maintenance of HVAC Systems and Equipment
- HVAC systems basics