To teach best practice strategies in Structural Design and Assessment and Renovation of Buildings.
- Introduction, Why Renovate?
- Challenges of structural renovation
- Code provisions for renovations
- Renovate or Rebuild?
- Investing in existing conditions
- Renovating steel-framed buildings
- Strengthening concrete buildings
- Repairing deteriorated concrete
- Renovating wood buildings
- Renovating masonry buildings
- Wind and seismic retrofit
- Structural condition assessment procedure
- Conducting a condition survey
- Planning the evaluation
- Statistical procedures
- Destructive and non-destructive testing for concrete and masonry
- Pros and Cons of non destructive testing
- Establishing strength and quality of in-place concrete and masonry
- Evaluating cracks in concrete and masonry
- Analysis of wet masonry walls
- Evaluating corrosion
- Interpreting and using destructive and non-destructive test results
- Conducting condition surveys of woods and metal structures
- In-place evaluation of wood-based materials and metals
- Inspection procedures
- Destructive and non-destructive testing of wood-based materials and metals
- Establishing in-place strengths for wood based structures
- Understanding the limitations of non destructive testing
- Investigating defects and damage
- Evaluating wood and steel connections
For Whom: Works, Services and Maintenance Personnel
The training methodology combines lectures, discussions, group exercises and illustrations. Participants will gain both theoretical and practical knowledge of the topics. The emphasis is on the practical application of the topics and as a result participant will go back to the workplace with both the ability and the confidence to apply the techniques learned to their duties.
|Alpha Partners Professional Training Conference Centre. 200, Muritala Mohammed Way (3rd Floor) Opposite Adekunle BRT Bus-stop, Yaba, Lagos.
||Mar 20 - 23 Mar, 2018
|NGN 125,000.00||(per participant to cover workshop literature and materials, Executive Bag, Tea/Coffee, Lunch, photographs and Certificates.)|
Chris Onwuasigwe, FCA – 08033045484 08033045484
3-5 Participants – 5% Discount allowed
5 and above number of Participants – 10% Discount allowed
A distinguished team of facilitators who are eminently qualified professionals has been assembled to lead discussions in course of the workshop.