The accounting department has radically changed. Have your management skills changed with it. As a financial manager, you are entrusted with the responsibility of managing one of your organization’s most precious commodities – money. In fact, your organization depends on your ability to provide accurate financial information and business forecasts. You don’t just “manage the numbers” of your business.
Your reporting and analysis provide valuable insight for business decisions. It’s your job to protect your organization’s finances and assets. Without the right controls and processes in place, your organization is at risk for fraudulent activity, costly errors, and potential legal penalties. Managing any department is hard – but managing an accounting department is even harder.
You have the responsibility of managing an area that has undergone radical changes, with no end in sight! You’ll learn how to structure your department for maximum efficiency and how to anticipate the needs of top management. This workshop is designed to give you the most effective proven techniques, strategies and secrets for running an efficient accounting department.
- Your Role as a Financial Leader
- Managing your Organization’s Finances for Greater Success
- Moving Beyond Traditional Reports to Maximize your Information Output
- More Than Numbers: Analyzing, Interpreting and Forecasting with your Data
- Safe-guarding your Organization’s Finances and Assets
- Working with Other Departments and Top-Management
- Building your Reputation as a Powerful Financial Manager
- Presentation Pointers – Getting your Message Across
- Managing your Team for Greater Efficiency and Productivity
For Whom: Heads of Accounts Departments, Deputy/Assistant Heads of Accounts, Senior Officers in Accounts Departments, other Officers in the Accounts Departments. Others who are interested in the Subject.
The training methodology combines lectures, discussions, group exercises and illustrations. Participants will gain both theoretical and practical knowledge of the topics. The emphasis is on the practical application of the topics and as a result participant will go back to the workplace with both the ability and the confidence to apply the techniques learned to their duties.