Understanding and interpreting financial information is essential for all levels of personnel both within and outside the finance function, if they are to properly contribute to the success of the business. In this workshop, you will learn how to be more confident about dealing with financial information, particularly when reviewing other companies’ financial data and enhance their decision-making skills in financial matters.
Understanding Different Types of Financial Information
- Basis Accounting Terminology Explained
- The Flow of Accounting and Financial Information
- Distinguishing Different Types of Information and what is derived from Reporting formats
- Cash versus Profit
- Basic Cash flow Statements
- Collection and Payment Processes
- How this is managed and controlled
Inventory and Fixed Assets
- Asset lives and depreciation
- The Physical Verification of Assets
- Different Methods of Valuation
- How fixed assets are recorded
- The Balance Sheet Explained
- Using Financial Ratios
- Profit and Loss Account
- Computing Profitability Ratio
- Interpreting Results and Comparisons
Costing and Budgeting
- Basic Forecasting Techniques
- Preparing a Departmental Budget
- Comparing Actual Performance with the Budget
- Different Costing Methods used in Business
For Whom: Accountants, Auditors, Controllers, Managers, Senior, Financial Analysts, other Financial Professionals and others who perform related functions in Public and Private Sectors.
The training methodology combines lectures, discussions, group exercises and illustrations. Participants will gain both theoretical and practical knowledge of the topics. The emphasis is on the practical application of the topics and as a result participant will go back to the workplace with both the ability and the confidence to apply the techniques learned to their duties.
|Alpha Partners Professional Training Conference Centre. 200, Muritala Mohammed Way (3rd Floor) Opposite Adekunle BRT Bus-stop, Yaba, Lagos.
||Sep 25 - 28 Sep, 2018
|NGN 120,000.00||(The workshop fee is N120,000.00 (One Hundred and Twenty Thousand Naira) only per participant to cover workshop literature and materials, executive bag, tea/coffee, lunch, photograph and certificate.)|
Chris Onwuasigwe, FCA 08033045484
3-5 Participants – 5% Discount allowed
5 and above number of Participants – 10% Discount allowed
A distinguished team of facilitators who are eminently qualified professionals has been assembled to lead discussions in course of the workshop.