This interactive class will help you to assess an organization’s risks relating to purchasing fraud, identify controls that can mitigate those risks, design audit tests to detect purchasing fraud and investigate evidence of fraud occurring. The instructors will provide examples from their practical experience.
Overview of the Purchasing Cycle
- Discuss the responsibilities of a typical corporate purchasing group and the purchasing business cycle
- Understand who is involved (internal and external)
- Identify differences in the purchasing cycle depending on the industry and company size
Purchasing and Stock Fraud Schemes
- Classifications of purchasing and stock fraud
- Corruption and Asset Misappropriation
- Purchasing and stock fraud schemes
Risk-Based Strategy to Fight Purchasing and Stock Fraud
- Purchasing and stock fraud risk assessment
- Fraud opportunity reduction through purchasing process improvement
- Internal controls to reduce purchasing and stock risk
- Proactive risk-based approaches to detect purchasing and stock fraud
- Investigations of purchasing and stock fraud identified
Purchasing and Stock Fraud Detection Processes
- Risk-based purchasing and stock fraud detection audits
- Using CAATS to detect purchasing and stock fraud
Stock Fraud Management
- Types and causes of stock fraud
- Fraudulent shortages and supplies
- Fraud-free management of returned and used parts and spares
- Falsification of stores and supplies documents
Detecting Particular Purchasing and Stock Fraud Schemes
- Scheme-based purchasing and stock fraud symptoms and detection methods
- Special considerations for off-book purchasing fraud schemes
- Special considerations for contract bidding schemes
- Special consideration for stock fraud
- Vendor monitoring: major contracts and stores
For Whom: Stores, Purchasing and Logistics Personnel in the Public and Private Sectors.
The training methodology combines lectures, discussions, group exercises and illustrations. Participants will gain both theoretical and practical knowledge of the topics. The emphasis is on the practical application of the topics and as a result participant will go back to the workplace with both the ability and the confidence to apply the techniques learned to their duties.
|Alpha Partners Professional Training Conference Centre. 200, Muritala Mohammed Way (3rd Floor) Opposite Adekunle BRT Bus-stop, Yaba, Lagos.
||Oct 23 - 26 Oct, 2018
|NGN 120,000.00||(The workshop fee is N120,000.00 (One Hundred and Twenty Thousand Naira) only per participant to cover workshop literature and materials, executive bag, tea/coffee, lunch, photograph and certificate.)|
Chris Onwuasigwe, FCA 08033045484
3-5 Participants – 5% Discount allowed
5 and above number of Participants – 10% Discount allowed
A distinguished team of facilitators who are eminently qualified professionals has been assembled to lead discussions in course of the workshop.