By the end of the course, you'll be able to:
- Describe the key stages in union recognition
- Understand the role of the social partners and social dimension of the EU, as well as EU legislation
- Appreciate the process of collective bargaining in negotiating employment terms and conditions
- Evaluate ongoing developments regarding information, consultation and employee and trade union involvement in organizations.
- Employee relations in Nigeria
- The institutions of employee relations
- National collective agreements
- Individual collective agreements
- The rights from trade union membership
- Trade Union Bill
- The role of the social partners and legislation
- Nigerian Works Councils
- Information and consultation
- The Information and Consultation of Employees Directive and Regulations
- Unionised and non-unionised organisations
- Collective redundancies
- Trade unions
- Collective agreements and protections conferred by union membership
- Statutory recognition and de-recognition
- Industrial action/strike ballots/picketing
- Negotiating terms and conditions
- Systems within non-unionised organisations
- Collective bargaining with recognised trade unions
- Partnership and other agreements.
For Whom: The Employee Relations and the Law course is for legal officers and HR practitioners or line managers responsible for employment law issues within their organization. Some prior knowledge of employee relations is assumed.
The training methodology combines lectures, discussions, group exercises and illustrations. Participants will gain both theoretical and practical knowledge of the topics. The emphasis is on the practical application of the topics and as a result participant will go back to the workplace with both the ability and the confidence to apply the techniques learned to their duties.
|Alpha Partners Professional Training Conference Centre. 200, Muritala Mohammed Way (3rd Floor) Opposite Adekunle BRT Bus-stop, Yaba, Lagos.
||Aug 07 - 10 Aug, 2018
|NGN 120,000.00||(The Workshop fee is N120,000.00 (One Hundred and Twenty Thousand Naira) only per participant to cover workshop literature and materials, executive bag, tea/coffee, lunch, photograph and certificate)|
Chris Onwuasigwe, FCA 08033045484
3-5 Participants – 5% Discount allowed
5 and above number of Participants – 10% Discount allowed
A distinguished team of facilitators who are eminently qualified professionals has been assembled to lead discussions in course of the workshop.