In this Litigation Drafting course, participants will be able to :
- Learn how to draft complete, correct and effective claims and defences;
- Learn about, practice and improve your drafting skills so that you can continue to develop them at work. If you do not draft your own pleadings, you should be able to better understand pleadings drafted by others; and
- Understand the benefits and risks of using precedents.
- Endorsing the claim form - avoid the pitfalls
- Disclosure of documents
- Statements of case - contract/tort/breach of statutory duty
- Different 'tracks' have different rules
- Identifying the cause of action and avoiding abuse of process
- Defences and tactical drafting
- Requests for further information - Are they an own goal?
- Admissions: recent changes on when to use them
- Amendments: do’s and don’ts
- Drafting witness statements - Tips and traps
- Skeleton arguments demystified
- Issue of the forms and service - drafting simply
- Exchange of witness statements
For whom: Legal Officers and others who perform related functions
The training methodology combines lectures, discussions, group exercises and illustrations. Participants will gain both theoretical and practical knowledge of the topics. The emphasis is on the practical application of the topics and as a result participant will go back to the workplace with both the ability and the confidence to apply the techniques learned to their duties.
|Alpha Partners Professional Training Conference Centre. 200, Muritala Mohammed Way (3rd Floor) Opposite Adekunle BRT Bus-stop, Yaba, Lagos.
||Oct 16 - 19 Oct, 2018
|NGN 120,000.00||(The Workshop fee is N120,000.00 (One Hundred and Twenty Thousand Naira) only per participant to cover workshop literature and materials, executive bag, tea/coffee, lunch, photograph and certificate)|
Chris Onwuasigwe, FCA 08033045484
3-5 Participants – 5% Discount allowed
5 and above number of Participants – 10% Discount allowed
A distinguished team of facilitators who are eminently qualified professionals has been assembled to lead discussions in course of the workshop.