At the end of the Contract Law Updates 2018 workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand the contracts you manage
- Decrease reliance on external lawyers
- Reduce your risk
- Avoid expensive legal proceedings
- Tighten up your contract clauses
- Learn about the latest case law and best practice on contracts and contract management
- Learn how to amend your contracts to address issues arising from Brexit
- What is a contract?
- Written and unwritten contracts
- Hints and tips to make your contract terms apply
Anti-Corruption and Bribery Act clauses for contracts
- Ethics and anti-corruption policies
- Contract clauses in this area – warranties
- How to reduce risk of law infringement
Warranties and obligations
- Using contract clauses to commercial advantage
- Best and reasonable endeavours obligations
- Consequences of breach of warranty
- How to make obligations stick
Liability and its limitation
- Ensuring your risks under contracts are mitigated
- How far can you exclude and limit liability?
- Best practice and model clauses
Intellectual property rights
- IP protection clauses in contracts
- Who owns the rights?
- Foreground and background rights
Termination and management of contracts
- Best practice guidelines
- Dealing with contract breaches
- Litigation and mediation
- Right to terminate agreements
- How to handle supplier difficulties and liquidation
For whom: Legal Officers and others who perform related functions
The training methodology combines lectures, discussions, group exercises and illustrations. Participants will gain both theoretical and practical knowledge of the topics. The emphasis is on the practical application of the topics and as a result participant will go back to the workplace with both the ability and the confidence to apply the techniques learned to their duties.
|Alpha Partners Professional Training Conference Centre. 200, Muritala Mohammed Way (3rd Floor) Opposite Adekunle BRT Bus-stop, Yaba, Lagos.
||May 22 - 25 May, 2018
|NGN 120,000.00||(The Workshop fee is N120,000.00 (One Hundred and Twenty Thousand Naira) only per participant to cover workshop literature and materials, executive bag, tea/coffee, lunch, photograph and certificate)|
Chris Onwuasigwe, FCA 08033045484
3-5 Participants – 5% Discount allowed
5 and above number of Participants – 10% Discount allowed
A distinguished team of facilitators who are eminently qualified professionals has been assembled to lead discussions in course of the workshop.