Fraud continues to impact on organizations large and small and occurs at all levels within an organization. This course provides a comprehensive guide applicable to any organization on bow to deter, detect and investigate both internal and external fraud
The course covers:
- The problems associated with both internal and external fraud and the techniques for fraud prevention and detection
- The steps involved in investigating a fraud from the initial suspicion through to conclusion.
- The various threats, both internal and external, which can damage the credibility of the investigation.
- The need for sound investigation techniques coupled with exemplary documentation.
- The use of both overt and covert methods of gathering evidence
- The challenges associated with interviewing both witnesses and suspected perpetrators.
- The advantages and disadvantages associated with the use of search orders.
The Nature of Fraud
- The size of the problem.
- Legal aspects of fraud.
- The role of internal audit
- Examples of fraud.
- The cycle of fraud.
- Corporate policies,
- Creating an anti-fraud culture.
- Risk assessment
- Indicators of Fraud
- Methods of Detection
- Investigating Fraud
- Types and scale of fraud
- The ‘honesty’ culture.
- Relevant legislation.
- Fraud environments.
- Fraud indicators.
- Anti-fraud policies.
Deterrence and detection techniques
- Criminal psychology and the perception of detection.
- Physical ways to improve fraud deterrence.
- Fraud health checks.
- Data mining.
- Allocating a code name
- Keeping it quiet
- The secure document library.
- The evidence trail.
- Primary vs secondary evidence.
- Search orders,
- Use of computer evidence.
- Questioning methods.
- Knowing when to terminate an interview.
- Record keeping
The Final Step
- Discipline, dismiss or prosecute
- Liaison with the authorities.
- Impart within the company.
- External publicity?
- Dealing with the Lawyers
- Attending court
Internal Auditors, Accountants, all those responsible for compliance operations and risk management in the Bank.
|Alpha Partners Professional Training Conference Centre. 200, Muritala Mohammed Way (3rd Floor) Opposite Adekunle BRT Bus-stop, Yaba, Lagos.
||Oct 23 - 26 Oct, 2018
|NGN 120,000.00||(per participant to cover workshop literature and materials, Executive Bag, Tea/Coffee, Lunch, photographs and Certificates.)|
Chris Onwuasigwe, FCA – 08033045484 08033045484
3-5 Participants – 5% Discount allowed
5 and above number of Participants – 10% Discount allowed
A distinguished team of facilitators who are eminently qualified professionals has been assembled to lead discussions in course of the workshop.