All businesses have a legal duty to protect the safety of their employees at work. Those who fail to do so will be legally obliged to pay compensation if an employee is injured, or becomes ill, because of their negligence. This could happen, for example, if an employee injures their hand whilst using a piece of unguarded machinery. Businesses are responsible not only for their own acts of negligence, but also for those of their employees. This is termed vicarious liability.
- Employment practice liability (EPL)
- What does the policy cover?
- Claims example
- What is the big deal for directors
- Directors’ and officers’ liability (DandO)
- How does it fit in and what does it actually cover?
- Employment practices liability policy
- Insurance protection for employers covering e.g. legal fees, damages, awards, settlements, injury/property damage
- Willful acts/fraudulent conduct
- Pre-existing obligations, entitlements to benefits, breaching minimum wage regulations
- Claims arising out industrial action-except interdict for unprotected strike
- Compensation re notice period/contractual obligations in respect of termination
Staff Who Perform Related Function in The Public and Private Sector
The training methodology combines lectures, discussions, group exercises and illustrations. Participants will gain both theoretical and practical knowledge of the topics. The emphasis is on the practical application of the topics and as a result participant will go back to the workplace with both the ability and the confidence to apply the techniques learned to their duties.
|Alpha Partners Professional Training Conference Centre. 200, Muritala Mohammed Way (3rd
Floor) Opposite Adekunle BRT Bus-stop, Yaba, Lagos.
||Oct 23 - 26 Oct, 2018
|NGN 120,000.00||(per participant to cover workshop literature and materials, Executive Bag, Tea/Coffee, Lunch, photographs and Certificates.)|
Chris Onwuasigwe, FCA 08033045484
3-5 Participants – 5% Discount allowed
5 and above number of Participants – 10% Discount allowed
A distinguished team of facilitators who are eminently qualified professionals has been assembled to lead discussions in course of the workshop.