At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to learn:
- What are the current requirements for presentation of accrual basis IPSAS financial statements and related disclosures?
- Where can guidance on IPSAS be found?
- How have the IPSAS recently changed?
- What are the likely future requirements of IPSAS?
- What practical issues commonly arise when implementing IPSAS?
- What are the recommendations for transitioning from the cash to the accrual basis of accounting?
- Understand Accrual Based IPSAS requirements, including accounting policies and disclosures
- Overview of Accruals Basis IPSAS
- Implement the IPSAS recognition and measurement rules for assets, liabilities, revenues and expenses
- First Time Adoption, Transition and Implementation
- Overview of Cash Basis IPSAS
- IPSAS vs. IFRS Comparison
- Learn the requirements for presentation of IPSAS financial statements and related disclosures
- Plan ahead for issues that arise when transitioning from the cash basis to the accrual basis of accounting
- Identify transitional provisions in IPSAS standards
- IPSAS - Financial Instruments
- Increase planning opportunities through awareness of likely future IPSAS changes
- Learn the sources of IPSAS guidance that are available
For whom: All Accountants and Auditors in the Public Sector
The training methodology combines lectures, discussions, group exercises and illustrations. Participants will gain both theoretical and practical knowledge of the topics. The emphasis is on the practical application of the topics and as a result participants will go back to the workplace with both the ability and the confidence to apply the techniques learned to their duties.
|Alpha Partners Professional Training Conference Centre. 200, Muritala Mohammed Way (3rd Floor) Opposite Adekunle BRT Bus-stop, Yaba, Lagos.
||Oct 16 - 19 Oct, 2018
|NGN 120,000.00||(The Workshop fee is N120,000.00 (One Hundred and Twenty Thousand Naira) only per participant to cover workshop literature and materials, executive bag, tea/coffee, lunch, photograph and certificate.)|
Chris Onwuasigwe, FCA – 08033045484 08033045484
3-5 Participants – 5% Discount allowed
5 and above number of Participants – 10% Discount allowed
A distinguished team of facilitators who are eminently qualified professionals has been assembled to lead discussions in course of the workshop.