Performance management is an opportunity to re-engage managers to the corporate goals through the process of setting objectives, assessing progress, providing on-going coaching and feedback to ensure that employees own and supersede individual objectives and push the overall contribution to the organization.
Participants at this program will obtain the necessary insight and tools to design or modify, implement, and administer a performance management system that supports the mission of your organization. Learn how to evaluate performance management from a systems perspective, to understand the relationships between the various system components, and to develop strategies for interlinking components into a system that supports your organization. Participants will be engaged in a variety of discussions, activities, and case studies to reinforce such concepts.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Align performance management system with the strategic goals of the organization.
- Design or modify a performance management system to support motivation, learning, coaching, mentoring, recognition, and communication between employees and their immediate supervisor, and
- Measure the effectiveness of a performance management system in supporting the strategic goals of the organization.
HR Managers, Line managers or anyone who is involved in designing and managing Performance Management Systems.
- Case for Performance Management
- Case for Appraisal and Appraisal Systems
- Why focus on appraisal
- Components Parts of an Appraisal System
- Clarifying Individual personal objectives
- Overview of Corporate Goals
- Overview of Unit Heads' Functions and goals
- Overview of the process, materials and rewards, standards and Competencies
- The Unit Managers Capacity planning and utilization
- Performance metrics, measures and quality control
- Performance Management Challenges and Resolutions
- Performance Review Process
- The Performance Management Cycle - Objectives, competencies, and standards
- Preparation for the Manager - Assessment and using performance measures
- Preparation for the Employee - Career and Development
- The Performance Review Conversation
- Understanding the timetable and procedures
- Preparing properly
- Objective Setting, SMARTIES
- Values and Standards Setting
- The Coach Manager/Supervisor Conversation Skills
- Career Conversation and Career Setting
- Career Anchor Exercises
- Giving (and receiving) constructive feedback
- Agreeing worthwhile objectives and Roles Clarity:
- Job purpose
- Key areas
- Performance indicators
- Managing Poor Performance
- Developing employees’ performance and identifying potential
- Human Capacity Requirement Planning
- Human Capacity Deployment and utilization
- Monitoring and control procedures
- Creating Value, Flexibility and Creativity Management
- Leadership Behaviours that Promote Top Performance
- Archimedes Physics of Raising Performance Lever
- Revisiting corporate ’s long term view
An objective assessment of what’s happening to individual employees’ performance
- What have I been hired to do?
- What results are expected of me?
- What can I do to make a real difference in the organization fortunes?
- What are my bosses’ Critical Result Areas?
- What Critical Result Areas should be for me?
- Keys to success - Feedback - giving and receiving
- Key to success - Preparation, preparation, preparation!
- Role Plays
- Evaluation and Action Plan
- Presentation of certificates