A good knowledge and understanding of how electric motors operate, how to troubleshoot faults and subsequently maintain them will surely bring about longevity and good performance of the electric motors maintenance personnel work on.
This training course will deal with the working principles of a three-phase AC induction motor and the various control techniques associated with its operation. Also, the ratings of fuses and settings of overloads for various sizes of an electric motor will be fully handled during this training.
At the end of the course, the participants should be able to:
- Understanding basic electrical connections
- Acquire troubleshooting skills/techniques for motor controls
- Understand the fundamentals of contactors, overload relays and phase failure relays
- Work confidently with Industrial switches & controls
- Have proper understanding of Industrial electrical engineering practice
- Understand the safety issues involved in the installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of industrial motors.
Intensive and interactive lectures complemented by hands-on exercises using electric motors, switches, contactors relays, circuit breakers etc.
All levels of maintenance personnel, Engineers and Technicians, Plant Engineers and those with the mandate to supervise them