The differences in voltage ratings has many safety aspects and a good understanding of its operations and maintenance should always be considered very carefully. To ensure safety of operators and maintenance personnel, proper switching procedures are necessary particularly when the circuits have multiple feeds and are complex. Switchgear operation and maintenance plays an important role in the safe distribution of electrical power.
This course is designed to enable participants develop the knowledge and competence in handling MV and HV operations and maintenance issues.
At the end of the course, the participants should be able to:
- Understand the principles of operation and maintenance of MV and HV systems
- Understand the role and importance of MV and HV switchgears
- Understand the various types switching devices
- Understand the construction and operations of relays
- Explain the different types of maintenance and testing for switchgears
- Analyze results from condition based maintenance
This course is highly relevant for personnel who are working on electrical installations handling MV, HV Circuit Breakers, Switchgears, relays and other responsibilities. These persons can include:
- Electrical Supervisors
- Plant Electricians
- Operations and Maintenance Engineers and Supervisors
- Maintenance Professionals
Lectures complemented by hands-on exercises using Electrical Power System Trainer and other MV and HV equipment