Workers in the various Industries are exposed to a wide range of hazards (physical, chemical, biological, etc.) which causes harm or adverse effect on humans and the environment. The fundamental knowledge of identifying, assessing the various risks and controlling the hazards is the best procedure and practice of occupational health and safety.
This training has been designed to give the participants the opportunity to understand and implement health, safety and environmental principles, ethics, code of practice and standards in the various industries.
At the end of this General Health, Safety and Environmental Management (GHSE) Course, the participants will be able to:
- Acquire knowledge and understand relevant safety, health and environmental policies, regulation and enforcement.
- Identify the nature, dimension and causes of industrial accidents
- Gain knowledge on how to develop strategies for controlling environmental pollution and impacts.
- Acquire knowledge and skills to treat water/wastewater to meet WHO standard.
- Discuss the fundamentals of chemical and biological health hazard and control.
- Implement effective Accidents/Incident Reporting and Investigation policy and procedure.
- Acquire the fundamental knowledge on the components of an effective occupational and health management system
- Identify steps involved in environmental audit report.
Lectures complemented with citations, case studies, film shows and role play
- Introduction to Health, Safety and Environmental Management
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Understanding Transformation in Safety Culture
- How to achieve participation in HSE
- Impact of Health, Safety and Environmental Management on Productivity
- Introduction to Health, Safety and Environment Awareness
- Safe System of Work (SSOW)
- Behavioral Based Safety (BBS)
- Introduction to Hazard Identification (HAZID)/ Hazard Communication (HAZCOM)
- First Aid at Work
- Incident and Accident Prevention/Reporting
- Fire Safety
- Introduction to Environmental Management
- Accident investigation and Reporting
- Personal Protective equipment
- Environmental Awareness
- Overview of environmental laws in Nigeria
- Developing effective waste management systems
- Disaster Recovery Management
- Emergency Preparedness
- HSE Policy and Procedure