A new type of leader is required for our rapidly changing and increasingly complex business world and dynamic organizations. Leaders with a strong sense of purpose, who are capable of inspiring passion, hard-work, innovation, creativity, trust and excellence, leaders who are capable of managing their own emotions and the emotions of their team members, leaders capable of dreaming big, taking risks and persevering.
This two-day programme will discuss the latest leadership trends in order to keep participants' approach to leadership dynamic and current. It will explore emotional intelligence to ensure a comprehensive understanding of the individual and enable participants to have an in-depth understanding of their responsibilities as leaders. Participants will explore the effect of leadership in an organisation and ways to ensure that they can effectively lead their teams in achieving organizational goals.
Following the programme, participants will have the opportunity to visit the Innovation Hub in Johannesburg, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Gauteng Growth and Development Agency where they will share knowledge and exchange ideas with entrepreneurs.
The programme is targeted at managers and executives with key people-management responsibilities, including but not limited to departmental and divisional heads, project managers, general managers, directors, COOs and CEOs. It is also ideal for CEOs and leaders of small and medium sized organizations and NGOs.
Leadership within context
- Individual and organizational contexts of leadership
- Leadership theories and styles
- Gardner's theory of multiple intelligences
- Intelligence quotient (IQ)
- Physical intelligence
- Emotional intelligence
- Spiritual intelligence
Emotional and spiritual intelligence applied in the workplace
- Importance of emotional intelligence
- Importance of spiritual intelligence
- What is organizational consciousness
- Leadership levels
- Leadership development within organizations
Leadership, organizations and society
- Leadership for sustainability
- Ethics, culture and stakeholders
- Governance and the learning organisation
Personal Development Plan
- Purpose statement
- Vision statement aligned with purpose and values
At the end of the programme, delegates should be able to:
- Examine and understand perceived and tested relationships between leadership and behavioral concepts at individual, group and organizational level
- Have critical insight into one's own leadership style using available leadership theories
- Formulate and apply different types of influence tactics in different leadership situations
- Identify with the concepts of accountability and responsibility,
- Identify and describe the roles and qualities of a leader within the work environment
- Analyze behavioral skills in context of self-awareness and emotional intelligence
- Improve the management of their emotions
- Align personal and organizational purpose
- Apply theories of motivation and group dynamics
- Use a variety of strategies to deal with potential conflict in a team or group
- Apply principles of emotional intelligence in the work place and improve individual, team and organizational performance
- Assess the value of integrating issues related to ethics and corporate social investment in leadership
- Develop a holistic personal development plan.
A Regenesys Certificate of Attendance will be issued to all delegates who complete the programme.