Workshop on Advanced Cash Management Techniques
(Including Security Tips in Cash Management and Cash Fraud Management)
To teach best practice methods in cash management techniques in both the public and private sectors.
- Control and monitoring of cash-in-hand
- Control and monitoring of cash reserve
- Control and monitoring of chequebooks, receipt books and other financial security items.
Cash Safety and Insurance
- Moving cash from place to place
- Risk management of such movements
- Cash theft
- Cash Insurance
- Petty cashbook, main cashbook, cash control accounts
- Cash count and cash reconciliation
- Bank reconciliation
- Computerized cash accounting
Cash Fraud Management
- Types and causes of cash fraud
- Fraudulent shortages and surplus
- Internal Control Issues
- Detecting and Managing Counterfeits
- Signature frauds and falsification for documents
- The audit functions
- Emerging issues and future challenges
Security Tips In Cash Management
- The alarming increase in incidents of workplace violence and threats to security
- Proven techniques for keeping unauthorized people from slipping past you
- “Red flag” behaviours that warn you a visitor or co-worker might be in trouble.
- Immediate steps to take if you recognized warning signs in co-worker, a visitor, a client
- How to respond during and after a robbery.
- Cheque administration
- Internal physical control
- Lodgements and withdrawals
- Management of deposits
- Internal correspondences
- Human resources management-discipline, training, supervision, office layout and administration, managing emergencies, etc.
A Distinguished team of Facilitators who are eminently qualified Professionals has been assembled to lead discussions in course of the workshop.
Cashiers, Cash Officer, Treasurers Accountants, Auditors and other offers who handle cash directly or supervisory capacity in both in the public and private sectors including Banks, Oil Companies, Trading organizations, Government Ministries, Parastatals, Agencies, Commissions, Local Governments, etc