This course will guide delegates through the process of identifying and selecting new projects, preparing forecasts, and applying evaluation techniques, to ensure that only the best projects are approved for investment. An organization that was successful 5 years ago cannot assume that their success will run for another 5 years without proper planning and strategic investment management.
Who should attend
This course will benefit Management Accounting staff, Strategic Planners, Management Consultants, Entrepreneurs and those that want to develop their strategic investment management skills.
Delegates will gain knowledge and skills on:
- Applying and calculating four popular appraisal methods, Accounting Rate of Return, Payback Period, Net Present Value, and Internal Rate of Return
- Refining the investment decision by considering the impact of inflation, taxation, and limitation of funds
- Identifying and measure the expectations of investors, and explain why these are important to the decision-making process
- Identifying potential new projects that will fit with the organizations medium and long-term strategic plans
- Collecting relevant data and constructing financial forecasts relating to proposed projects