Support staff of yesterday will type, take orders, perform filing, attend to visitors and make phone calls for bosses. However, the demands made of today’s secretaries and administrators are different – they are expected to juggle multiple tasks, be proactive, manage time, people and problems, communicate for results, think on their feet and relate well to people at all levels.
To meet these requirements, secretarial and secretarial professionals will need to enhance their human, technical and conceptual skills in order to be a team-player, manage change and be empowered as an effective professional.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to;
• Perform their duties and responsibilities to the required standards of the profession
• Establish a productive and cooperative partnership with managers, supervisors, peers and others with whom they work with
• Interact and relate effectively with both internal and external customers
• Effectively set priorities and manage time Practise effective problem-solving and decision-making skills
• Perform their office secretarial responsibilities with greater effectiveness and efficiency
Developing Professionalism – Role and Responsibilities
- Human Relations and Teamwork
- Interacting and Relating with the Public Time Management
- Planning and Organising Skills
- Managing Records and Document Security
- Business Correspondence Skills
Who Should Attend?
Secretaries, Personal Assistants and Administrators who are serving in a supportive role to Senior Management.
- A practical approach will be taken with 70% of the course on the application and practical sessions with 30% on techniques and concepts. Training comprises a combination of:
- Trainer-facilitated group activities and break up discussions
- Real-life case-studies application activities
- Role-plays on practical sessions and application work
- Questions and answers sessions
- Useful checklists and systematic guidelines