This course focuses on the essential knowledge, skills and understanding consistent with the effective management and leadership of the HR function in a transformational business environment. A focus will be maintained on what is acknowledged as best practice using innovative new approaches and methodologies.
Who Should Attend
The course is specifically designed for senior HR managers and executive managers wishing to enhance their HR management knowledge and skills.
Delegates will gain knowledge and skills to:
- The learning outcomes for this course are described in four key areas – Knowledge and understanding – Cognitive skills – Practical and professional skills & key skills
- Understand the role of the HR professional – the nature of professionalism and approaches to ethical considerations and dilemmas
- Develop organisational theory and behaviour including the future of organisations and leading change
- Consider new approaches to employee relations and engagement strategies
- Lead and influence positively and effectively
- Manage interpersonal relationships, demonstrate sensitivity to key issues and challenges and perform effectively in a team environment
Key Course Highlights
- Critical review and evaluation of the role of HR management in a challenging and changing transformational organisation
- Evaluation of HR management in your own organisation – identifying the key metrics
- Demonstrate leading edge thinking concerning people management skills in key HR management processes – performance management – knowledge management – recruitment and selection
- Evaluate and access relevant published research and information from a range of areas relevant to the effective management and continuous learning and development of people in organisations
- Learning through reflection and practice – the key skills and considerations