This specific GTC course has been designed around today’s issues in the workplace and performance; whereby you will understand the importance of inspiring others to reach their full potential by enabling them to act differently; and encouraging them to be more ambitious in their chosen profession. This Performance Management training course will show you how to integrate Key Success Factors and Key Performance Indicators into a performance management system applied by a highly skilled managerial and supervisory team.
Who should attend
This course offers practical performance management training, aimed at HR managers and executives. Top management and line managers who wish to understand performance management in a strategic sense that enables the goals of individuals and teams to be aligned to the strategic goals of the organisation and perform at the highest level.
Delegates will gain knowledge and skills to:
- Enhance skills in setting clear expectations and objectively measuring individual performance using objectives and competencies as key measures
- Practice effective strategies to manage challenging behaviours
- Establish a culture in which individuals and groups take responsibility
- Develop procedures for addressing the performance gap
- Create a motivational climate
- Build trust, motivation and commitment
- Demonstrate techniques to coach, mentor and motivate
- Understand what it takes to set clear and concise goals and objective
- Apply the processes and skills used in setting goals, providing feedback, conducting performance reviews, assessing performance, coaching and dealing with under-performers.
Key Course Highlights
- The principles of performance management
- Setting performance measures
- Managing the 'unmanageable'
- Managing poor performance
- Strategic and integrated performance management
- Objectively assessing and rating performance
- Barriers to making Performance Management work
- Moving beyond mediocre
- Recognising top talent
- Dealing with underperformers
- Setting and achieving team goals
- Change management
- The power of effective communication
- Action planning and delegation