By using the GIS to link data from multiple programs the training will make it possible to understand the individual programs better but also better understand the relationship between the programs. Spatial analysis techniques will also help with deriving outcomes measures.
To achieve set objectives, the training will also explore the technical topic of Monitoring and Evaluation (MandE) methods that are used worldwide in many development projects and the application of technical tools of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) for project monitoring and management.
This training is designed for professionals in projects/programs who want to apply GIS to improve their monitoring and evaluation systems.
What you will learn
By the end of this training the participants will:
- Understand key concepts in MandE and GIS
- Learn about the working of MandE information management systems
- Learn how to collect data using mobile phones and GPS
- Learn how to integrate exiting MandE data with GIS
- Learn how to analyze and visualize MandE data with the aid of GIS techniques
- Learn how to integrate GIS into MandE activities
- Overview of Key MandE concepts
- Communicating MandE results
- New technologies being adopted in project MandE
- Introduction to concepts of GIS and remote sensing
- Spatial data collection techniques for project management
- Visualizing project data
- GIS and GPS for MandE
- Updating data in the MandE-GIS system
- Preparing monitoring and evaluation reports /communicating results