Public Relations and Communication in a digital world is for teams who want to know the art and social science of analysing trends and predicting the consequences in a fast moving digital world. If you are a leader, or if you counsel leaders on implementing planned public relations and communication programmes of action, then you must attend this course because it will keep communications frameworks up-to-date, inform and guide leaders and modernise the organisations plans. Learn new methods to generate engagement and sustainability while maintaining public interest.
Who Should Attend
Anyone and everyone in a company team who interacts with public relations, communications and digital audiences should attend this significant course. If your role is to engage profitably and to achieve great results for the corporation in terms of direct brand building and return on investment, then this is a vital course for you.
The course is flexible in length depending on the delegate profile. It can be adapted for foundational, intermediate or senior professionals. If a particular sector focus is required, the trainer will adjust the content and case studies to suit the sector. This course is able to be adjusted for 1 to1 sessions or taught on site to Public Relations or Communications Departments during their working day.
Delegates will gain knowledge and skills to:
- Create different communication channels that match organisational goals
- Prepare visual and video inputs for audience interest and engagement
- Develop databases for organisational stakeholder management communications
- Ensure congruence of messages to different publics
- Use a variety of smart analysis tools to save time and gain fast advantage
- Explore and learn from the best case studies in the world and debate what could have been done better
Key Course Highlights
- Management of teams so that communications are congruent across the organisation
- Team skills building so that strategic communications goals are aligned
- Confidence about which technique to use when, and how to generate digital impact that can be easily measured
- Practical tips and QandA sessions with a trainer consultant who has wide experience
- Understanding of the full role, nature and responsibilities across the organisational communications matrix
- Insightful analysis of case studies and award winners to bring about advantageous behaviour change internally and externally