Build an integrated planning, budgeting and reporting process
- Understand the role of Budgets within organizations
- Understand Costs behavior and manage costs more effectively
- Master traditional and innovative approaches to Budgeting and Cost Control
- Select the performance measurement systems and the KPIs that work
The Role of Budgeting and Cost Control
- The complexity of managing contemporary organizations
- Strategic planning, budgeting and management control systems
- The key elements of budgeting: objectives, initiatives and resources
- Understanding the context for budgeting and the role of the controller
- What are the advantages and the disadvantages of budgeting?
- What is it the situation in your organization? How to improve it?
Budgeting and Cost Control
- What are the essential inputs of the budgeting process?
- What is zero-based budgeting?
- Costing for budgeting: key terms and concepts
- Variable vs. Fixed costs
- The important role of contribution margin
- Cases, problems and examples
Costing: From Traditional to Activity-Based
- Complementing traditional costing with activity-based costing
- Direct vs. indirect cost
- Cost allocation: traditional costing and activity- based costing (ABC)
- From traditional budgeting to Activity-based budgeting (ABB)
- The importance of costs analysis
- Cases, problems and exercises
- Capitalized vs. period costs
- Capital budgeting
- Payback period
Accountants, Auditors, Financial Controllers, Admin Managers, Planning Managers, Finance Managers and Financial Analysts, CFOs and others who perform related functions.
The training methodology combines lectures, discussions, group exercises and illustrations. Participants will gain both theoretical and practical knowledge of the topics. The emphasis is on the practical application of the topics and as a result participant will go back to the workplace with both the ability and the confidence to apply the techniques learned to their duties.
|Alpha Partners Professional Training Conference Centre. 200, Muritala Mohammed Way (3rd Floor), Yaba Lagos.
||May 21 - 24 May, 2019
|NGN 150,000.00||(The Workshop fee is N150,000.00 (One Hundred and Fifty Thousand Naira) only per participant to cover workshop literature and materials, executive bag, tea/coffee, lunch, photograph and certificate.)|
Chris Onwuasigwe, FCA – 08033045484 08033045484
5% discount for 3-5 participants and 10% discount for 6 and above number of participants from the same organization.
A distinguished team of facilitators who are eminently qualified professionals has been assembled to lead discussions in course of the workshop.