Success in any job role or project hinges on one’s ability to build strong relationships at all organizational levels and amongst external influencers. On this course, participants will learn how to understand the value of different publics, how to collaborate with stakeholders, enhance trust and cooperation, gain buy-in, manage expectations through effective persuasion and influence techniques, and dynamically adjust their approach to a wide range of situations.
- Identify stakeholders relevant to an endeavour
- Undertake stakeholder analysis
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders when dealing with tight deadlines, limited resources, and changing requirements
- Apply strategies to gain cooperation and support
- Determine stakeholder power based on their relative levels of importance and influence
- Forecast and determine meaningful levels of participation for key stakeholders, and
- Develop an intimate understanding of conflict management
- Create a win–win outcomes in negotiations.
- Deal effectively with challenging behaviors
- Avoid common mistakes in managing expectations
- Learning Content
- Definition of stakeholders Understanding stakeholder interests
- Identification and categorization of stakeholders
- Role of management in the stakeholder environment
- Evaluation and prioritization of interests
- Mindfulness in communication
- Building trust
- Grasping the difference between influence, persuasion, and negotiation
- Developing a management plan for stakeholder engagement
- Negotiation skills
Project Managers, Heads of units and departments and anyone involved in managing stakeholder relationships and managing across functions.
|10, Obokun Street, Off Coker Road, Ilupeju, Lagos. Nigeria.
||Feb 11 - 12 Feb, 2019
Discounts off regular fees for open programmes: 3-5 nomination - 5%
Programme also available as in-plant Fee: Negotiable