There has been series of industrial accidents recently, employees maimed due to poor scaffolding system. Some of these accidents were as a result of lack of training and retraining. Employees need to be trained and retraining to keep them abreast of the current and latest development in scaffolding operations. Working on a scaffold is working at height and cannot be compared with working on smooth surface or at ground levels.
Some employees (especially new hire) are faced with phobia working at height. Other factors that plague scaffolders are ergonomic factors, stressors, MSDs and other endless list of hazards that employees are subjected. This training will emphasize on basic principles underlying best scaffolding practices in the construction industries.
At the end of the training, participants will be able to:
- Identify hazards associated with scaffolding operations;
- Carry out safe scaffolding operations;
- Assess a load bearing floor or foundation for scaffolding operations;
- Conduct safety inspections on scaffolds; and
- Prevent collapse of scaffold during operations.