Cost behavior analysis refers to management’s attempt to understand how operating costs change in relation to a change in an organization’s level of activity. These costs may include direct materials, direct labor, and overhead costs that are incurred from developing a product. Management typically performs cost behavior analysis through mathematical cost functions.
Competencies Addressed in this training include:
- Understand how fixed and variable costs behave and how to use them to predict costs.
- Use a scattergraph plot to diagnose cost behavior.
- Analyze a mixed cost using the high-low method.
- Prepare an income statement using the contribution format.
- Analyze a mixed cost using the least-squares regression method
- Implement appropriate measures that can add value to the organisation
- Appreciate the importance of selecting the appropriate financial strategy to maximise shareholder value
- Consider the appropriate financial strategies for use in mergers, acquisitions, restructuring and reorganisations, and appropriate takeover bid defenses
- Develop a better cost management system
- Design a comprehensive performance measurement system
- Link strategy, budgeting and costin
Management and Financial Accounting: Key Concepts and Terminology
- Identify the Major Differences and Similarities between Financial and Managerial Accounting
- Understand The Role of Management Accountants in an Organization
- Linking Strategy to Planning and Costing
- The Key Role of Budgeting and Cost Control in Contemporary Organizations
- Towards a Cross-Functional Process-View of the Organization
- Understand Your Processes: Integrating Financial and Non-financial aspects
- Understanding The Financial Statements
Financial Performance Management
- Understanding, Analysing and Interpreting Financial Statements
- Agency Theory and Its Impact on The Firm’s Goals
- Investor and Stock Market Behaviour: Share Price Drivers
- Key Concepts in Measuring Shareholder Value
- Understanding Cost Behaviour and Profit
- Measuring and Improving Return On Investment
- A Strategic Approach to Cost Reduction
- Managing and Improving Shareholder Value
- What is Costing?
- Cost Concepts and Terminology
- Different Costs For Different Purposes
- Fixed vs. Variable Costs: The Cost-Volume-Profit Analysis Model
- Contribution Margin Analysis
- Manufacturing vs. Non-manufacturing Costs
- Period vs. Product costs: Inventory Evaluation and Control
Traditional vs. Advanced Techniques in Cost-control
- Under-costing and Over-costing: The Consequences for Profitability
- How to refine a Costing System?
- Indirect vs. Direct Costs
- Traditional Cost Allocations Systems vs. Activity-Based Costing
- Cost Hierarchy & Cost Drivers
- Linking Resources, Activities and Management
- Introducing Activity-Based Budgeting and Management
- Relative Cost Position Analysis
- Costing methods
- Comparative production capacity computations
- Economies of scope and scale computations
- Supply chain processes analysis
- Comparative technology deployment
- Setting and auditing the Quality-Cost-Time (QCT) factors of projects.
- Awareness of Competitive Conditions
- Strategies for Improving Business Operations
- Market intelligence and competitor analysis.
- Internal and External Operations Management
- Choice of appropriate business model
- Integrated Measures
- Balanced Scorecard analysis
- Determined focus on critical result areas
- Discipline with key performance indicators
- Control systems to drive strategy.
- Pricing Power Matrix
- Cost Leadership and Product Differentiation Decisions.
Budgeting: Flexible Budgets and Variance Analysis
- The Role of Budgeting
- Define the Master Budget and Explain Its Major Benefits to An Organization
- Describe The Difference between A Static Budget and A Flexible Budget
- Compute Flexible-budget Variances and Sales-volume Variances
- Discuss the Behavioral Implication of Budgeting
- The Budgeting Process in Your Organization: How to improve it?
- Which tools shall we use to complement Budgeting and Costing?
- Problems, Case Study and Exercises
||Oct 18 - 22 Oct, 2021
Sina Lajorin 08033241313, 09026713101
Group discount apply
Executive coach sina Lajorin