This course gives you the opportunity to expand your understanding of environmental management as a means of reducing consumption; and avoiding, minimizing or reducing pollution of the environment, the course examines the statutory frameworks and policy measures for preventing and managing pollution, and for improving resource efficiency. Relevant federal legislation and policy is also examined. Interesting and innovative examples of pollution control and resource management from industry will be presented and examined.
Training in the management of pollution and environmental degradation course discusses topics including recycling, hazardous waste management, green energy planning, green resources and control of emissions that cause pollution.
By the end of the course you will be able to analyses the resource use and pollution of an organisation; make recommendations for environmental efficiency improvements. with a justified business case; and understand the policy and legislative frameworks surrounding resource and pollution management. Upon successful completion of the course you will be able to:
- Develop an understanding of the legislation that is used to govern environmental risks and issues;
- Develop improved understanding of the principles and application of environmental management tools including legislation and regulation,
- Have experience in real-world problem solving through a research project for an external client;
- Develop skills in communicating and working with a client and other team members;
- Develop insight as to how different environmental tools are used in a range of different industries to provide better environmental outcomes; and
- Develop skills in preparing a sound business case for environmental change
- Cost and benefit analysis
- Risk management
- Environmental policy and law
- Environmental and energy economics
- Technologies in environmental management
Who should attend
Directors, heads of department, disaster managers, head emergency unit and other top to middle level staff in both the public and private sector.
||May 07 - 09 May, 2019
|NGN 135,000.00||(The program fees covers tuition, Course Materials, Tea/Coffee Break, Lunch, Bag, Certificate of participation and administration)|
Dr Chris Egbu +2348023194131
Organisation sponsoring more than two staff will get 10% discount and Payment before two weeks to event date attracts 5% discount