Provides a foundation and overview of both emergency management and disaster strategies practices, policies, and technology, including the function and coordination of local, state, and federal agencies and organizations and systems used in planning for and responding to emergencies. Hazard awareness and analysis, disaster preparedness and mitigation strategies, and creation of an emergency response plan, including awareness and outreach.
Course Learning Goals
Delegates will be able to:
- Identify and describe the concept of emergency management
- Identify and describe the phases of emergency management
- Identify and describe the concept of inter-agency cooperation and operability
- Identify and describe the local emergency management system
- identify and describe the local emergency management system
- Identify and describe the Federal Response Plans and disaster declaration process.
- Introduction to the Federal Emergency Management Agency
- Effectiveness of Emergency Management
- Local Level Emergency Management System and Interagency Cooperation
- Federal Response Plans
- Phases of Emergency Management
- Disaster Declaration Process
- Effectiveness of the Whole Community Initiative
- Threat and Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment (THIRA)
- Emergency Management Case Studies
Who should attend
Directors, heads of dept., disaster managers, head emergency unit and other top to middle level staff in both the public and private sector.
||Mar 19 - 21 Mar, 2019
|NGN 135,000.00||(The program fees covers tuition, Course Materials, Tea/Coffee Break, Lunch, Bag, Certificate of participation and administration)|
Dr Chris Egbu +2348023194131
Organisation sponsoring more than two staff will get 10% discount and Payment before two weeks to event date attracts 5% discount