Most managers know, regardless of their levels of experience, that the people-performance issues are the greatest challenges of their jobs. The secret to success is to be able to multiply your effectiveness through others. This course is for professionals who are interested in advancing their supervisory and managerial capabilities using coaching and mentoring skills. The course introduces the core skills and qualifications required to become an ideal coach or mentor, and it describes how the coaching and mentoring processes really work.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Define and explain the meaning and the differences between coaching, counseling and mentoring
- Understand why, how and when to apply coaching in a workplace setting
- Understand and explain the benefits of coaching and why sometimes coaching fails
- Analyze and recognize their own coaching styles and how to apply this knowledge in their coaching engagements
- Learn the skills, characteristics and qualifications of the ideal coach
- Improve communication skills to enhance the effectiveness and the quality of coaching sessions
- Learn and apply a variety of coaching strategies, tools and techniques
- Understand the practical application of mentoring and how to create and manage mentoring relationships in the workplace
- Effective communication
- Active listening
- Questioning skills
- Decision making
- Facilitating growth
Who should attend
Managers, Administrators and supervisors whose responsibilities require coaching and mentoring others with the aim to help them achieve and exceed their performance targets.
In this course, participants will be engaged in extensive role-plays to help them develop their coaching and mentoring skills. Participants will also conduct mini presentations in front of the groups to demonstrate and share their understanding of the course's material. Individual and group activities will also be used to solve exercises and cases and participants will have the opportunity to assess their personal coaching and mentoring styles using a set of effective self- assessment tools.
||Mar 26 - 28 Mar, 2019
|NGN 135,000.00||(The program fees covers tuition, Course Materials, Tea/Coffee Break, Lunch, Bag, Certificate of participation and administration)|
Dr Chris Egbu +2348023194131
Organisation sponsoring more than two staff will get 10% discount and Payment before two weeks to event date attracts 5% discount